Windows 8 - release , upgrade, download , price
Windows 8 is expected to be released on Oct 26th 2012 as announced in Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2012. This announcement was made by Microsoft. The software Giant has confirmed that before Christmas of 2012 people will be able to shop for Window 8.
Release date of Windows 8 RTM is expected to be in August of 2012. RTM means Release to manufacturing. Microsoft uses a terminology called “gold”. Essentially what that means is that Windows 8 is ready and tested.
For intel based PCs, Microsoft is planning to offer two versions of Windows 8, Namely window 8 and Windows 8 Pro. For Tablets there will be a version called Windows 8 RT.
For users who are currently on Windows 7, Windows vista, Windows XP, The upgrade price will be $40. This price will be applicable to Windows 8 Pro. Which seems like a steal. This will be a limited time offer.
As per the current status, its expected that Windows 8 may launch even earlier than the release date mentioned.
You can download Windows 8 @ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/download/ Windows 8 Release Preview is prerelease software that may be substantially modified before it’s commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here. Some product features and functionality may require additional hardware or software.
Windows 8 Release Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
Check this page for Upgrade offer on Windows 8 windowsupgradeoffer.com
Check this page for FAQ on Windows 8 Release preview - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/faq