IT Portal - Daily new websites, Webmaster Tools, Free Books, Certification
You are here
CSS Frequently Asked Questions
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 2005-12-22 17:09
The main focus of this FAQ is the CSS styling language therefore the browser bugs or misinterpretations are not included.Some of the FAQs are:
1. What is CSS?
2. What are Style Sheets?
3. What is external Style Sheet? How to link?
4. What is embedded style? How to link?
5. What is inline style? How to link?
6. What is imported Style Sheet? How to link?
7. What is alternate Style Sheet? How to link?
8. What is persistent style?
9. What is preferred style?
10. How do I combine multiple sheets into one?
11. What is CSS rule 'ruleset'?
12. What is CSS rule 'at-rule'?
13. What is selector?
14. What is CLASS selector?
15. What is ID selector?
16. What is contextual selector?
17. What is attribute selector? [CSS2]
18. What is parent-child selector? [CSS2]
19. What is CSS declaration?
20. What is 'important' declaration?
21. What is property?
22. What is shorthand property?
23. What is value?
24. What is initial value?
25. Can I attach more than one declaration to a selector?
26. What is class?
27. What is grouping?
28. What are pseudo-elements?
29. What are pseudo-classes?
30. What is cascade?
31. What is cascading order?
32. What are inline, block, parent, children, replaced and floating elements?
33. How does inheritance work?
34. Are Style Sheets case sensitive?
35. Which characters can CSS-names contain?
36. Can I include comments in my Style Sheet?
37. Can Style Sheets and HTML stylistic elements be used in the same document?
38. Which set of definitions, HTML attributes or CSS properties, take precedence?
39. Can CSS be used with other than HTML documents?