Windows 8 programming - Resources
Other Microsoft resources related to Windows8
- EPUB format is here: http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink/?Linkid=272592 (37.3 MB)
- MOBI format is here: http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink/?Linkid=272591 (69.5 MB)
- The ebook’s companion content is here: http://go.microsoft.com/FWLink/?Linkid=270057 (59.9 MB) (Note: An updated version of the companion content was made available on November 8, 2012, to fix a line of code.)
- If you want to develop for windows phone 8 you should know that you will need a processor that has Hyper-V if you want to use the emulator If you have an older processor like me you won't be able to test your apps in the emulator. The following processors are able to run the emulator: Intel i3, i5 and i7 processors or later, AMD, the Phenom family and above
Windows 8 Secrets Tips, tricks, treats, and secrets revealed on Windows 8
Microsoft is introducing a major new release of its Windows operating system, Windows 8, and what better way for you to learn all the ins and outs than from two internationally recognized Windows experts and Microsoft insiders, authors Paul Thurrott and Rafael Rivera? They cut through the hype to get at useful information you'll not find anywhere else, including what role this new OS plays in a mobile and tablet world. Regardless of your level of knowledge, you'll discover little-known facts about how things work, what's new and different, and how you can modify Windows 8 to meet what you need.
- The Executive's Guide to Windows 8 (free ebook) contains three main sections:
- Does it make sense to upgrade?
- Who plans to upgrade?
- Why did Microsoft gamble on the new UI?
- What’s new in Window’s phone 8 For developers the changes are no less significant, bringing many new APIs. These APIs simplify the coding of features you may already be adding to your Windows Phone apps, but also offers many new ones too. This article will introduce you to the most significant API additions and changes.
- Introducing Windows 8 - An Overview for IT Professionals. Now that Windows 8 is generally available, this book is a great way to get quickly up-to-speed on all the new improvements in this latest Windows release. In addition to a re-imagined user interface that provides an immersive experience across touch, pen, keyboard and mouse inputs, Windows 8 also includes significant updates across hardware support, management, security, networking, storage, virtualization, deployment, and recovery - all areas that are critically important to IT Pros
|Introducing Windows 8- An Overview for IT Professionals - PDF ebook|
|Mobi||Introducing Windows 8-An Overview for IT Professionals – Mobi format for Kindle|
|ePub||Introducing Windows 8-An Overview for IT Professionals – ePub format|